Sunday, June 8, 2008

Family Dinners

As many of you know, back in San Luis Obispo we had this wonderful tradition of Family Dinners at our house every Thursday.   They were open to anyone and everyone and created a great sense of community for us their in San Luis.   When I moved to Visalia, I wanted to start family dinners, but didn't think anyone would come.  For a whole year, I dragged my feet, but finally I couldn't ignore God's little pushes to start up Family Dinners here in the Valley.    Now they've been going for almost 6 months, and it has been a blast!  God completely overcame my fears that no one would show up.  Every week, new people come and friendships are built.  It's wonderful to see a new community being formed;  God is so faithful even when we are doubtful!


No comments: