Thursday, July 2, 2009

Parents' Visit!!!

Last week I had the great pleasure of showing my parents around my beautiful new country. They arrived at the end of an outreach, just in time for my dad to speak at Kid's Club for Father's Day. It also provided an opportunity for them to get a little bit of a feel for what it's like when teams are here. Summer isn't the best time to visit, since we are normally extra busy with teams, but it's the only time my parents had a reliable babysitter(Blake) to stay with the rest of the kids still at home. We lucked out though, since their visit fell over the two weeks we didn't have a team. I was able to spend the weekend with them up in MonteVerde, before they headed to the beach to celebrate their 30th anniversary. After spending the workweek at the beach, they headed back into the city to hangout with me for a few days before my dad had to head back to work. We went Farmer's Market, a birthday party for the Dixon kids, my church, and my favorite restaurant. Josh also came into town for the weekend to hangout with my parents.

It was great to be able to share first-hand what daily life is like here in Costa Rica. My mom continues to comment on how much longer everything takes here. Yup. But there are also many things they now love about Costa Rica: the landscape, how waiters don't bring your check until you ask for it, the kids in Los Guido, thunderstorms. There was so much more I wanted to do while they were here, but we'll just have to save it for their next visit...

2 comments:

Benje Williams said...

such great pics!!
looks like you guys had the perfect trip!
i def need to crash the party next time...

or maybe...
christmas 09 in costa rica?!?
make it happen!!!

Brad and Sara Osborne said...

Oh friend, it's so good to see your family on here!!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time... hope it refueled your soul! Love you,
Sara