Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Visits

After a busy week with our first team, I was blessed by a week long visit from one of my best friends, Nicki Appel. This was an extra special treat as Nicki is currently living in England, and it is a bit more challenging to travel to Central America from the UK. Unfortuantely I was sick most of the time she was here, but we didn't let that interfer wtih enjoying out time together and the beautiful tropical climate.


Lunch at the Tutoring Center. Nicki came and put her high school Spanish to good use.

From Easter in California

Enjoying the sunshine at Esterillos. We made sure everyone had plenty of sunscreen, especially Nicki.


San Luis Obsipo Reunion. (Me, Josh, Leah, and Nicki) We had a great time reminiscing together.


While this isn't a great quality picture, we had a fabulous time enjoying the international art festival going on. This was the free salsa concert in the park. There were people dancing everywhere. I loved it.


A couple days after Nicki left, still unalbe to talk from my sickness, I boarded a plane for California. Here in Costa Rica everything shuts down for Semana Santa, the week between Palm Sunday and Easter. I took advantage of the week off to go to California and meet my new niece, as well as spend time with the rest of my family. It was quick trip, but no matter how short the time is, it's always great to be with family.




Jasmine Marie Williams


Putting Papa to work de-boning the chicken.


Cooking with the girls.



Easter lunch with most of the family. We were just missing Benje and Blake.


Hanging out with little Jasmine.

From Easter in California

Celebrating Dad's birthday!!!


Quick stop in SLO to see Sara and Blake (but I don't have a picture with Blake, sorry)

No comments: