Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lake Isabella

If you actually know where Lake Isabella is, you must be wondering why on earth would anyone choose to vacation in place like that! I must confess it is my most treasured vacation spot in the world, not for it's scenery, but for the amazing company. Every year since my parents were newly married, they and two other couples have been hanging out at this desert lake outside of Bakersfield. Each year we expectantly look forward to the first week in August when we get to hangout with the Wilsons and Cooks at Lake Isabella. The time I've spent growing up with these two families has had a profound impact in shaping me into the person I am today. It was so wonderful to be able to spend this past week with them. It was a week of encouragement and confirmation of my call to Costa Rica. Plus, lots and lots of laughter! In the next few years, I'm really going to miss our week at the lake. I'm trying to convince them to relocate our annual get together to Costa Rica. At the very least, I hope Uncle Will brings a group down from his church in Chico!

The Crew: We were much smaller this year since many of us older kids now have grown-up responsibilities and jobs (Kevin, Benje, Lauren, Karlee, and Blake) or are newly married (Noelle)


The muscle men. Notice the beautiful, tree-less backdrop and pea soup water. The algae was in full boom!



It was a long day of wake- boarding and reading in the sun!

No comments: