Sunday, August 17, 2008

On our way...

I'm down to two suitcases of belongs to carry me through my last two months in the United Sates. On Thursday we load our shipping bin with all the rest of our earthly belongs and a whole bunch of books and supplies for our future school. It was amazing! We only had 2 hours to load the bin and we were worried about everything fitting. We got all the boxes and bins loaded in less than an hour, despite the sweltering 105 F. And to our amazement we had tons of extra space. I had enough time to run back to my house and pick up a giant bookshelf to take down. We were so blessed to be able to take down everything we wanted to. I know when I'm really missing home I will appreciate having those familiar pieces with me.

If you want to check out pictures from our packing extravaganza paste this link into your address bar... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2051889&l=3f089&id=68603376

I also bought my plane ticket for Costa Rica. I leave October 20th and fly to New York where I get to hangout with my brother, Benje, for a few days before flying down to Costa Rica. I really wanted to see Benje's new place and spend time with him in New York before I moved, but I didn't know how I could afford two tickets. But God completely provided. I don't know why, but it was over $300 cheaper to fly through New York, than straight from Sacramento. Not only does this work out perfect, but it also saves a ton of money!

1 comment:

The 5 of Us said...

Hey Krysta!

I really like the blog that you have put together. We started school last week and it is not the same without you. I hope that all gos well with your journey...not only to Costa Rica, but in life. I feel lucky to have encountered you in my life. I was getting a little jaded at LHS. Talking you out of your first year funk helped me to realize why I do what I do.

Take care,

Roger Gonzales