Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas


Call me old fashion, but there is no substitute for a living Christmas. Sure they make a lot of nice plastic ones these days and you can burn candles that smell like Christmas trees, but it's not the same. I was so excited to find out Costa Rica has their own beautiful pine that they grow especially for Christmas time. While we didn't make it to a cut your own tree farm, we did find a very obliging taxi driver to help us get it home from Hypermas (read: Walmart) It is now beautifully decorated with all of our Pequeno Mundo (read: Dollar Store) lights and ornaments. I love sitting on our couch with my cup of coffee and good book, with our special Christmas tree in front me. Now if only we had a Advent calendar.

2 comments:

sudo said...

The tree is gorgeous and so is your smiling face. I just bought an Advent calendar from Trader Joe's for $.99! I'll think of you each day I eat my little chocolate.

Today's shape was Santa's face.

Señor Shingle said...

I love the photos and the update (read: especially the inserted "read:" notes). The tree looks a little Charlie Brown-esque in the second photo but only because it's back lit.
'Tis the season!