Saturday, February 14, 2009

Beach Pictures

Many of you have asked how we've been enjoying the beach. Well, we don't exactly live near the beach, and it can actually be quite cold here in the San Jose area. This last weekend we finally made the 4 hour public bus ride to Manuel Antonio. Cailah and I were joined by Aiyla (our new SI intern) and Pam (a missionary to Mexico studying at our language school). We found a great hostel/apartment complete with monkeys outside our window every morning.

We spent one day at the national park, where I experienced my first benefit of applying for residency: $3 admission, versus $10. Yeah! The park is beautiful and there is all kinds of wildlife as you hike around or sit on the beach.


This guy was a little to close for my comfort.


I'm really happy about my P n J on the beach!


Our special sunset dinner at the airplane restaurant.


Hiking down to the beach the hostel lady told us about. She said it only took her 30 minutes walking with kids to get there, but we think Costa Ricans are bad at estimating time. It took us almost an hour to get there.


Great sunset on our last night


We are so thankful to have had this time to go and relax at the beach. As we were riding the bus out there, I was reminded of why I love Costa Rica so much. The countryside is so beautiful! We only get tiny glimpses in the city, and it's easy to just focus on the dirty big city feeling. It was nice to get away from urban development for a few days, breath in the fresh air, and appreciate God's creation.

No comments: