Friday, February 20, 2009

In and Out

We officially moved into our new apartment in Desamparados! Jeff Dixon was a huge help in getting all our stuff moved over and picking up our new appliances. They have also graciously invited us to share many meals at their house over these last few weeks. We are slowly beginning to set up our permanent home. We have an oven with no racks, a refrig that isn't cold, and no couch. But we do have an amazing view, a beautiful kitchen table, and super comfortable beds. We still have a ton to do, but all in all, it's been a good week.
Tomorrow we leave for the SI base in Guatemala. SI is having their first ever Women's Outreach. Guatemala shares many of the characteristic we would like to build in SI Costa Rica, such as home stays and many of their ministry sites. This is a great opportunity for the women of SI Costa Rica to learn from a more mature base. Please be praying for our time there. Amidst everything that has been going on, I don't feel completely prepared to go, but I know that God has a lot planned. Please pray that my heart and my eyes would be open to where He is moving and what He wants to show me. Also pray for the women from the States who will be joining us, for some of them, this is their first mission trip. As well as for the people of Magdelena where we will be staying and serving. I will be working alongside my friend Rachel at the school where she teaches English and helps oversee several of the other programs. I am excited to see everything she does there and encourage her in the work she is doing with the children of the community. If you want to hear more about the school, you can check out her blog http://kellysinguatemala.blogspot.com/

I look forward to sharing more with you when we get back in a week. Thank you for all your prayers, and I love getting to hear from you.

No comments: