Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Few Pictures

I haven't been doing the best job of keeping visual documentation of life here in Costa Rica. I am to try to take more pictures to share with all of you. Here is a start.....

Traditions are a big thing in my family, especially one's that revolve around food. It just wouldn't be Easter without cardamon bread or the lamb cake.


Cailah was kind enough to come to my aid when I realized I had some how forgot to pack my lamb cake mold. She slaved for many hours in the kitchen to make the perfect lamb cake with nothing more than a picture from the internet as inspiration. Great job Cailah!!!



Unfortunately I have no pictures of all of us hanging out enjoying all the delicious food. :-(


Yesterday we had our first amphibian visitor in our new house, Señor Gecko. We were quite glad to welcome him, as he feeds on all the bugs we DON'T want in our house.




Tonight, we had my dear friend Josh over for some Mexican food. Josh is one of my best friends from Cal Poly. He's always planned on doing Peace Corps in Latin America, and happened to be lucky enough to be sent to Costa Rica for the next two years. During these first few months of training he lives about a 30 minutes bus ride away from me. It's such a blessing to have someone who's been my friend for so long living here, too. It makes it feel more like home.




We're excited to eat!


Can you guess which is mine? Cailah likes having the support of another carnivore.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You have a lamb cake mold? This makes my day.