Friday, October 31, 2008

La Primera Semana

I've only been here for just under a week, but so much has happened. Cailah and I found an amazing furnished apartment to rent that is only a 5 minute walk from our school. We got all of our stuff moved over from the Dixons and Janzens' yesterday, and have spent the last two afternoons trying to figure out how to set up our house. It's so wonderful to have a place that is our own. It helps make the move seem more long term, and not just a 2 week mission trip. Which in turn, I think will help me adjust better. Thank you so much for all your prayers about housing. I'll post pictures in the next few days, once it's not such a mess :-)

We also have been attending language school in the morning all this week. Since it's the "off-season", Cailah and I are the only people in our level. It's great to direct our learning and really focus in on the areas we need to work on. That being said, I often get frustrated in class, because I see how much I have to learn. Please pray that I would have patience with myself and that I would really be able to take in all that we are learning.

I was greatly encouraged tonight when Cailah and decided to have a fun and relaxing evening going to see High School Musical 3. (I'm a huge fan!) We specifically checked to make sure it was in English with Spanish subtitles. Imagine our surprise when Zac Efron started speaking in Spanish!!! All of the dialogue had been dubbed over in Spanish, but the songs were still in English. Cailah and I were both pleasantly surprised that we were able to understand almost everything in the movie and enjoy it along with all the 12 year old Costa Rican girls in the theater!

No comments: