Monday, October 6, 2008

MTI

I don't know how to even begin sharing with you all of the amazing things God did during my 3 weeks in Colorado at MTI. God is faithful! I arrived at the retreat center feeling very emotionally and physically tired from a busy week of traveling all over the state saying goodbyes. I wasn't looking forward to building new relationships when I knew I would just have to say goodbye again. But God softened my heart and put me in the center of an amazing community of people who are all getting ready to embark on a similar journey. During our 3 weeks there, the staff taught us to share our lives through our raw and honest discussions in class, which facilitated so many areas of growth in my life. In the evenings, we had plenty of time to just be silly together playing games (Body, Body, anyone?), eating ice cream, and exploring the beautiful nature surrounding us.

I am so thankful for this community of dear friends. Through my time with them I was able to share many of my excitements and fears of moving to a new place with many both foreseen and unknown challenges that await me. I also learned how to say healthy goodbyes that help us cherish the impact our friends have made on us and grieve the loss of the physical proximity. This process leaves us ready to say full hello's to new people as they enter our lives. I know this is going to be crucial for me as we will have many short-term teams coming down to Costa Rica, and I want to be able to fully invest in each team that comes down.



I am so overwhelming grateful for the time I had at MTI. Everyone there, staff and participants, were such a blessing! I am so glad Students International said I needed to go this training, even though i was a little hesitant at first.

2 comments:

Jeremy, Erin, Ella, & Judah said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun... We're looking forward to you joining us very soon.

Angie said...

I miss body body!