Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Single mom of 5 (+2)

I have always had a lot of respect for mothers, but this week that respect grew ten-fold, especially for single moms. While we had an amazing week and a half together, I felt like I was constantly playing catch up and I never managed to get anyone to soccer practice quite on time. But I also realized, those are the details of life, that aren't always that important. Nobody's life is permanently altered because they were five minutes late for the warm-up or because the laundry didn't all get put away before going to bed. Instead, the important things are the memory making time like homemade pizza night or playing dress-up's together. This last week and half was full of crazy moments trying to rush everyone out the door with shoes, backpacks, lunches, and homework; but it was also brimming with lots of special moments playing together and sharing life. I am so thankful for the time we got to have together, though I still can't wait for my parents to get home this afternoon!


Baking with cousins Zach and Josh,, who stayed with us for a week while their parents went on a much deserved vacation.






Homemade personal pizza night. The kids wondered what happened to their older sister: they got to have pizza for dinner, didn't have to eat salad, and had ice cream sundaes for dessert!













Karlee came up on Sunday and helped organize a yard clean up. It looks great!

No comments: